Please browse through the faq, if you do not find your answer please email to sysadmin at um dot edu dot my .
How to update my UMMAIL password and profile?
Please refer to the links given HERE
How to access my email via smartphones / mail clients?
- Allow less secure apps to access your account
- Sign-in to your UMMail.
- Go to the
"Less secure apps"
section in My Account.
- Next to "Access for less secure apps," select Turn on.
- For iOS devices, click HERE
- For OS X Mail, click HERE
- For android devices, follow steps below
- Go to Settings
- Go to Account
- Add Account
- Choose Exchange ActiveSync or ActiveSync
- Type your username and password (username = full email address)
- Tap Next
- Fill in server = m.google.com , domain = um.edu.my/username or um.edu.my\username depending on your device
- Tap Next
- For other devices click HERE for the basic guidelines to use UMMAIL in your devices / email client.
- For username please use your full ummail / siswamail email address(i.e firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you face problem please update you password and try the above steps again.
How do i broadcast official notices?
- To broadcast official notices please adhere to the follow guidelines.
- Please post only Official notices.
- Do Not post any Advertisement.
- Do Not Post any Personal View / political ideas.
- Do Not Use Reply to or Forward to post, if you wish to forward official notices please send them as a New email.
- Make Accertain that your email contains you signature.
- Send your email to :-
- email@example.com (All UM Staff - Moderator is ICR )
- firstname.lastname@example.org (All Undergraduate Students - Moderator is HEP)
- email@example.com (All Postgraduate Students - Moderator is HEP)
For more ICT related FAQ please refer Here
University of Malaya